OVG Real Estate
OVG requested a new hybrid Windows/Apple environment.
My task was:
- Define and configure a new VMware 5 infrastructure with new servers and reuse of upgraded current servers.
- Install and configure of a new Active Directory, based on Windows 2008r2 for new servers, services and new Apple iMac’s and MacBooks
- New configuration of the network (HP/3Com), new VLAN’s coexist with current network. Current segment was replaced later on.
- Create Windows 7 ready-to-use installations for departments where Mac’s can’t be used.
- Installation of MS SQL 2012 and SharePoint 2010. Configuration has been done by SharePoint specialist.
Reasons for this non-TSM job:
- Curious if I still have the skills for this project.
- Also refreshment of knowledge with these new software versions.